CMS Nextech is hiring a Service Technician to join its service operations team. Technicians are responsible for the company’s professional image and reputation, as well as providing the highest level of customer service. Technicians are required to perform service repairs, equipment maintenance and replacements for customers. They are expected to follow all company guidelines, make quality repairs in a timely manner, take care of company property, and present themselves in a professional manner at all times. The Service Technician reports to the Regional Service Manager and/or the Area Service Manager.
Duties to Include
- Install, maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for commercial customers.
- Diagnose and repair electronic, mechanical and electrical components of HVAC/R systems
- Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatcher to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer
- Be available to work nights or weekends, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs of our customers
- Maintain good working order of company vehicle including refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues, submitting monthly vehicle inspection form, and washing vecle on a regular basis.
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle
- Understand company policies
- Obtain customer signature at completion of job
- Document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, type of fuel and pictures as necessary
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendations, and be able to explain fully what the issue is and what needs to be correct.
- Participate in company provided training opportunities
- Identify and report potential opportunities for additional business (new unit/ system, PM contracts, and additional services)
Ideal Candidates should have and display the following:
- Positive Attitude
- High Energy
- Confident and Professional Communication Skills
- Professional appearance and presentation
- Strong desire, will and drive
- Willing to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency
- Capable of being self-managed and independent
- Kentucky Journeyman’s License
- Life Insurance
- Vacation & Holidays